Failing to start X

Hi,

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:59:06AM -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 16:39 +0200, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> > The errors I am seeing (in qemu, but I have tried too on real hardware
> > and the error is the same) are:
> >
> > (WW) VESA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:0) found
> > (EE) No devices detected.
> >

> I fixed this in our Net distribution by removing the reference to the
> specific PCI device. It seems that it auto-probes it when X is starting
> up.
>
> The video detection code from Ubuntu needs to be merged.

Thanks for the explanation.  But precisely where did you fix it?  In
live-package? (seen nothing such in your net patch), in casper? (do
not see where yet...), in xorg itself???  In that latter case (if you
confirm) I think it deserves at least a wishlist bug in xorg and
letting know the Debian x-strike-force of the problem.

Best regards,
Fr?d?ric Lehobey