Failing to start X
- Subject: Failing to start X
- From: me at jasonclinton.com (Jason D. Clinton)
- Date: Thu May 18 17:04:02 2006
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20060518143951.GF7132@melusine>
- References: <20060518143951.GF7132@melusine>
On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 16:39 +0200, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> The errors I am seeing (in qemu, but I have tried too on real hardware
> and the error is the same) are:
> (WW) VESA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:0) found
> (EE) No devices detected.
I fixed this in our Net distribution by removing the reference to the
specific PCI device. It seems that it auto-probes it when X is starting
The video detection code from Ubuntu needs to be merged.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.debian-unofficial.org/pipermail/live/attachments/20060518/07ee7732/attachment.pgp