Re: Enhancing lintian performance for large source packages

Hi,

On 2024-05-23 23:33, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
As far as I understand, this means the vast majority of people using Lintian won't see it at all. I thought this also meant the check wasn't ran at all, but it seems I'm wrong and it only means the tag is hidden. As such, I would certainly support removing it altogether.

Seems so. I repeated my profiling without using '-EviI --pedantic' CLI options and it seems that all the same checks were executed, resulting in very similar wallclock time.

Let me try limiting the checks to Lintian::Check::Files::SourceMissing checks to .js, .html, .xhtml and .xht files. That should reduce run times even more.

Best wishes,
Andrius