Re: 2.4.0 release

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:

> [1] As a matter of fact, the huge-usr-share test fails on my machine for
> some time now.  I haven't been able to determine what's causing this
> behaviour. I briefly talked about it with Adam once but he was unable to
> reproduce the failure. See:
> -I: huge-usr-share-percent: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2076kB 99%
> +I: huge-usr-share-percent: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2064kB 100%

I suspect some sort of file system artifact, probably on my system when I
created the tags file originally (I think that was me).  du is notoriously
imprecise since the values it returns can depend on the way blocks are
allocated in the file system.  In this case, I suspect that the
directories outside of usr/share are taking up some tiny amount of space,
just enough to cause the results to be weird.

We should really just post-process the results of this test to round the
numbers off, since it's going to change slightly depending on various
things outside of our control and none of those changes really matter for
the test.