2.4.0 release (was: Re: Releasing this WE?)

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Raphael Geissert writes:
>> Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>>> We can incorporate the manual rewrite in the next release.
>
>> What exactly needs to be done?
>
> I don't remember.  *heh*.  I have the mail saved somewhere and would need
> to go read it.  I think just committing the patch set and then figuring
> out if the result works as-is for the manual on lintian.d.o or if we need
> to do something else, and then probably updating build-depends and the
> doc-base files.

I haven't found time to check it. Would be great if anyone could handle the
required changes.

>>> Don't we still have some test suite fixes needed for the new parallel
>>> check support for the alternative output formats?
>
>> Hm, right. Will try to figure out how to fix them.
>
> I think decoupling Sort in the test configuration from assuming that every
> line is of a particular format, add a new keyword for the latter, and then
> turn sorting back on for the alternative output formats would do it for
> right now.  Checking against the sorted XML output is kind of bogus in
> that we'll miss some bugs around putting things in the proper container,
> but it's simple for the moment.

For now I've done it this way. I guess at some point we will drop the Sort
field add parsers for the non-EWI-code output formats.

> Alternately, someone could work out a sneakier solution that sorts the XML
> document in a way that respects its structure as a post-test script, and
> then not enable sorting.

I considered doing that. Since awk or anything else requires more changes to
be make the post-test scripts read and write to the same file without
truncating it I didn't change anything.

Pending changes:
* manual rewrite?
* drop embedded-zlib from auto-rejects files? (see mail in -mentors)
* switch to use i18n/SUPPORTED instead of local copy of locale codes built
from ISO 639-1..3 -- probably for a future release since it requires some
work on the eglibc side.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer