Re: Releasing this WE?

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> We can incorporate the manual rewrite in the next release.

> What exactly needs to be done?

I don't remember.  *heh*.  I have the mail saved somewhere and would need
to go read it.  I think just committing the patch set and then figuring
out if the result works as-is for the manual on lintian.d.o or if we need
to do something else, and then probably updating build-depends and the
doc-base files.

>> Don't we still have some test suite fixes needed for the new parallel
>> check support for the alternative output formats?

> Hm, right. Will try to figure out how to fix them.

I think decoupling Sort in the test configuration from assuming that every
line is of a particular format, add a new keyword for the latter, and then
turn sorting back on for the alternative output formats would do it for
right now.  Checking against the sorted XML output is kind of bogus in
that we'll miss some bugs around putting things in the proper container,
but it's simple for the moment.

Alternately, someone could work out a sneakier solution that sorts the XML
document in a way that respects its structure as a post-test script, and
then not enable sorting.