Re: Severity of spelling errors

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Raphael Geissert writes:
>> Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>>> The only other one that I'm unsure about is the description test, where
>>> a certainty of certain is a bit of a reach given the number of
>>> legitimate overrides there are (usually about Lintian's capitalization
>>> checks wanting to capitalize program names).
>
>> Not sure if this check should be split to better reflect the certainty
>> of both checks.
>
> That's a good idea.  I've split it apart for the next release and am just
> re-running the test suite now.
>
> I also removed the als to also correction after looking over the archive
> results.  It's triggering a ton, particularly for
> spelling-error-in-binary, and appears to be almost entirely false
> positives, mostly because it's a common word in multiple European
> languages.  For the only true positive I found, the intended word was
> actually "as".

Ok, no problem. There are some other words that I need to review as they
also lead to some false positives.

Do you plan to upgrade lintian.d.o right after the release of 2.3? would be
great if you do that, as the version currently there is rather old and
noisy. Enabling multi-area support would be a plus :)

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net