Re: Severity of spelling errors

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> The only other one that I'm unsure about is the description test, where
>> a certainty of certain is a bit of a reach given the number of
>> legitimate overrides there are (usually about Lintian's capitalization
>> checks wanting to capitalize program names).

> Not sure if this check should be split to better reflect the certainty
> of both checks.

That's a good idea.  I've split it apart for the next release and am just
re-running the test suite now.

I also removed the als to also correction after looking over the archive
results.  It's triggering a ton, particularly for
spelling-error-in-binary, and appears to be almost entirely false
positives, mostly because it's a common word in multiple European
languages.  For the only true positive I found, the intended word was
actually "as".