Re: another patch/tag

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 03:12:10PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > Sure, patches to move that stuff to data/ welcome.
> Right, but the major problem I can see with debhelper-related data is that,
> for example, in my case I get:
>
> $ grep -l misc:Depends /usr/bin/dh_*
> /usr/bin/dh_gconf
> /usr/bin/dh_gtkmodules
> /usr/bin/dh_installcatalogs
> /usr/bin/dh_installdebconf
> /usr/bin/dh_installtex
> /usr/bin/dh_installxfonts
> /usr/bin/dh_installxmlcatalogs
> /usr/bin/dh_lisp
> /usr/bin/dh_nativejava
> /usr/bin/dh_pangomodules
>
> So it basically depends on what packages I have installed that provide dh_
> commands. Same applies to the list of debhelper commands using autoscript
> which is currently hard coded and I just tried to replace by grepping only
> the files provided by debhelper.

I never said it would be easy ;)

You would basically need to
1) make a list of packages that provide debhelper scripts
   (apt-file or packages.d.o would be possible solutions)
2) Make sure that you have all these packages available
   (easier is to require them to be installed, more flexible
    would be if the script could work with .deb files)
3) Then determine the lists

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>