Re: another patch/tag

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 08:13:30PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Tag: debhelper-but-no-miscDepends
> Type: warning
> Severity: normal
> Certainty: certain
> Ref: debhelper(7)
> Info: The source package uses debhelper but it does not have ${misc:Depends}
> on
>  the given binary package debian/control entry.  This is required so the
>  dependencies are set correctly in case the result of a call to any of the
> dh_
>  commands cause the package to depend on another package.
>
> I used Type: warning, because of debhelper(7)'s note:

I like the general idea of this tag. But given the fact that only
rarely used debhelper commands actually use misc:Depends I would
either first check if the program actually uses those and only
then issue the tag or would go for info for now and discuss this
on debian-devel first before making it a warning.

For reference, these are the debhelper commands using misc:Depends:
$ grep -l misc:Depends /usr/bin/dh_*
/usr/bin/dh_gconf
/usr/bin/dh_gtkmodules
/usr/bin/dh_installcatalogs
/usr/bin/dh_installdebconf
/usr/bin/dh_installtex
/usr/bin/dh_installxfonts
/usr/bin/dh_installxmlcatalogs
/usr/bin/dh_pangomodules

dh_installdebconf is probably the most used one and you will get a
warning on the binary packages for this one anyway.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/