Re: another patch/tag

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:

> I like the general idea of this tag. But given the fact that only rarely
> used debhelper commands actually use misc:Depends I would either first
> check if the program actually uses those and only then issue the tag or
> would go for info for now and discuss this on debian-devel first before
> making it a warning.

I'd also get a lot of warnings from this since I usually only list
misc:Depends for the packages that actually need it, but there's no simple
way of telling which binary packages would pick up misc:Depends.

Unfortunately, listing it without having anything use it results in a
warning during the package build, so a lot of people fix the warning by
removing it (understandably).