Re: usage of lintian as an automated and forced qa check tool

Joerg Jaspert wrote, Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:33 PM
For the ftpmaster usage we will "just" run lintian, possibly as

lintian --show-overrides --fail-on-warnings --tagfile /path/to/file

[with --tagfile to be implemented]
and then parse the output for the tags we get back.

fwiw, depending on whether --tagfile causes solely the specified tags to be issued, or all tags within the relevant checks files (see the discussion in #493903), then the parsing step shouldn't be necessary.

My personal preference would be that only tags listed in the tagfile are issued (although the remainder of the check script in question would necessarily be run), at which point one could just run lintian as above and check whether the exit status is 1 (or 2, but that's probably not a good reason to auto-reject the package :-)

Adam