Re: usage of lintian as an automated and forced qa check tool

On 11469 March 1977, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> However the actual layout is, as long as its a source ftpmaster provides
>> and lintian then integrates, im fine with it. (Ie. have an input file
>> provided by us based on which you increas the severity of the message
>> displayed to the user).
> I assume that you want to be able to tweak this without a new Lintian
> release using a separate file outside of the Lintian installation?  (Just
> making sure I understand the design constraints.)

Yes.  Well, actually the file provided is mostly for "the users
benefit", so they can see if their package has serious (auto-reject)
problems or not. So for the lintian side its ok to fetch it at build
time and include it in the package.

For the ftpmaster usage we will "just" run lintian, possibly as

lintian --show-overrides --fail-on-warnings --tagfile /path/to/file

[with --tagfile to be implemented]
and then parse the output for the tags we get back. And either using
lintian-info to create the reject message, or just telling the user how
to lookup the info on their own.

--
bye, Joerg
"Gna, schon wieder Seti [...] Dabei ist es schon schwierig genug, auf