Re: Some fixed warnings still showing up on lintian.d.o

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
> Quoting Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org):
>
>> > Forbidden
>> >  You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>> > Apache/1.3.33 Server at lintian.debian.org Port 80
>>
>> This works correctly now that the scan of the archive is finished.
>
> OK, I was suspecting something like that but I didn't imagine this
> would take so long..:-)

The old web pages would have been available while it worked, if I hadn't
screwed up.  Or if I'd thought to regenerate them while lintian chugged
away (although by the time I realized I'd accidentally deleted the pages,
it was mostly done).  Sorry about that.

It takes about a day and a half for poor gluck to make it all the way
through the i386 archive.

> Hmmm, that actually explains why lintian.d.o sometimes reports that it
> didn't see any change from one day to another....which I noticed while
> working on this.
>
> So, I now have to find out what updates the archive on gluck and nag
> some people about this to happen on a regular basis.

I should similarly figure out how to request that Apache be reloaded,
since apparently just using an .htaccess file for the redirect of the tags
URLs (which I thought would work) doesn't.

The new version of lintian now installed on lintian.d.o will at least tell
you what version of the package it checked if you go to the maintainer
page, which helps a lot in figuring out what's going on with this sort of
thing.  It will also tell you if anyone is overriding a tag.