Re: Next upload?

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 06:32 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 19:43 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Hm, do we lose anything in readelf output that we would have gotten in
> > objdump?  If readelf works when objdump doesn't, maybe we should just
> > switch entirely over to readelf so that we don't have to run both of them
> > the way that we do now.
>
> The honest answer from my point of view is "I'm not sure".

One thing that we are currently missing is a means of generating
binary-with-bad-dynamic-table. As I understand it, this is caused by the
lack of a dynamic section (or an extant but empty section), as per
#249435.

I'll need to do some more experimenting, but it looks like at least the
lack of dynamic section is easily detected using readelf.

Adam