Re: Next upload?

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 10:58 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'd like to find some sneaky solution to #487746 that would suppress those
> errors on platforms with a broken binutils, though.

Never one to resist the urge to tinker, I've come up with a (not so
sneaky) solution that munges the output of readelf in to something that
resembles the original objdump info - at least sufficiently for
lintian's uses.

I've attached a copy of my updated collection/objdump-info; comments /
complaints welcome :)

I may have missed some cases, but the checks are only invoked if objdump
-T fails and binutils 2.17 is installed, so it should be safe; I've
verified that the output of checking lib64stdc++6.4.2-dbg using the new
script on etch/i386 is the same as on sid/amd64.

Adam