Re: Next upload?

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 22:52 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> Never one to resist the urge to tinker, I've come up with a (not so
> sneaky) solution that munges the output of readelf in to something that
> resembles the original objdump info - at least sufficiently for
> lintian's uses.

Hm, do we lose anything in readelf output that we would have gotten in
objdump?  If readelf works when objdump doesn't, maybe we should just
switch entirely over to readelf so that we don't have to run both of them
the way that we do now.

If we did that, we'd probably be best off changing the checks script to
expect readelf output instead of objdump output, but that's a bunch of
work and we'd have to be sure we weren't using anything we cared about.

This is really cool -- this really fixes the problem instead of just
working around it.