Re: Debian Lex

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 06:40:24PM +0200, Michael Guck wrote:
> Hi all,
> as I already wrote José,
> I am willing to lead the debian-lex project, which I want to reduce
> later to an international-only part of a growing multi-national project
> which will give local/national "territories" away in the moment someone
> respectable asks for. But the international part will keep a lean base
> distribution and some coordination of data conventions which will remain
> interesting for me.
> Beside of this concept, the main thing is, that we all share the same
> will, and if any other concept is better, I surely will not insist on it.
>
> José seems to support my application, if there are any competitors to
> this position, please don´t hesitate to write to the group ;)
> We should first rule this fundamentally question, otherwise the project
> will probably sleep on?

As far as I have understood Debian teams there is no application for a
leading position.  It rather works like working on common documents and
code according to some consensus.  Usually people in the team will
follow those who are doing the large amount of work - so you might
become what people call "leader" because they are respecting your work
for the project.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--