Re: Please advise regarding DFSG compliance of WPL-2

On 2019-02-19 14:46, Giacomo Tesio wrote:
> I think you are misreading my statement.

I think it's the other way around ;-)

> I'm NOT saying that a Judge would consider the English text as legally
> binding: only the Arabic version is.
>
> I'm saying that Judges will consider all elements provided by the
> parties and, if one party claims to have been fooled by a translation
> error in the text distributed by the Licensor they will consider such
> error as a Licensor's faulty, not a Licensee one.

Licensee being fooled by the translation implies that they assigned (at
least some) value to the translation, which is something that the text
expressly tells them not to do.

Licensee ignored Licensor's disclaimer, and it's all but impossible to
see
a judge fault the Licensor for the Licensee's notable ignorance.

(This opinion is stated for this this specific case. It's not
impossible,
or even uncommon, to challenge disclaimers in general, but this one here
is pretty clear-cut).

--
Christian Kastner