Re: Please advise regarding DFSG compliance of WPL-2

On 2019-02-19 09:58, Giacomo Tesio wrote:
>> This is the informal English translation of Waqf General Public
>> License. Anything but the Arabic version of the license has no
>> value except for convenience of our English speaking users.

[...]

>   - a Judge will very likely take into account any interpretation
>     issues due to errors in the translation distributed by the
>     Licensor and mitigate any violation reconducibile to such
>     errors.

Careful! You are assigning legal value to a text that expressly
disclaims any legal value.

A judge will almost certainly not consider the English text, as it
declares itself to be legally void.

> In no way it states that the translation is "rubbish" as Joerg called it.

It may be useful from a user's perspective, but not from a legal
standpoint, which I guess is what matters most to ftp-master.

--
Christian Kastner