Re: Please advise regarding DFSG compliance of WPL-2

On 15317 March 1977, Giacomo Tesio wrote:

None of the ftpteam, to my knowledge, is able to read and understand the
arabic version, and this english translation is saying its worth
nothing.
This sound like a severe cultural limitation though, affecting all
non-english developers and users.
Can any mitigation be put in place?

Well, sure.

Best: Someone (read: License author) could publish a translation that is not saying "I'm
rubbish".

Impossible: We could get enough DDs for every language that also know
their way in legal foo to deal with it - and then have em join ftpteam.

Slow, but workable if really needed: We could look for legal counsel for
specific cases.

I'm sure I forgot possibilities.

--
bye, Joerg