Re: Status of US Government Works in foreign countries

Ben Finney writes ("Re: Status of US Government Works in foreign countries"):
> The cases are different, this license text grants no permission to
> redistribute at all.
>
> If you think it does, what text do you see that grants permission to
> redistribute in modified or unmodified form?

You mean that `use, copy and create derivative works' might not
include distribution of copies ?

I think that's a tendentious reading.  I think we can discount the
risk that the US government would attack distributors of free software
on such a basis.

However, I agree that it would be better if it said:
  use, copy, modify and distribute the Software and works
  derived from it
or something.

Ian.