Re: Status of US Government Works in foreign countries

Have a link to 3-4 such webpages I can take a look at?

  Paul

On Jan 15, 2016 2:47 AM, "Hendrik Weimer" <hendrik@enyo.de> wrote:
Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> so you wrote on your blog six years ago that distributing works done by US
> government institutions is "a trap".  Do you have concrete examples of cases
> where people fell in that trap and got hurt since then ?

The "trap" is a reference to the similar situation in Java back then,
i.e., you might have to invest more work to get rid of tainted
code/content than it would have been to use properly licensed stuff to
begin with.

Actually, I find it quite remarkable that at least some US agencies have
now started to put in explicit warnings into their works that all
overseas rights are being reserved. This certainly shows they are aware
of the situation, with actual enforcement being the next logical step.

Hendrik