Re: Status of US Government Works in foreign countries

Le Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 07:02:04PM +0100, Hendrik Weimer a écrit :

> Unfortunately, this interpretation is wrong. I wrote about this some
> time ago when there was yet another discusion on debian-legal:
> <http://quantenblog.net/free-software/us-copyright-international>

> In my opinion, such software should not be distributed by Debian
> because it puts mirror operators located outside of the US at risk.

Hi Hendrik,

so you wrote on your blog six years ago that distributing works done by US
government institutions is "a trap".  Do you have concrete examples of cases
where people fell in that trap and got hurt since then ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan