Re: Free as in speech, but not as in beer

> Op 24-03-15 om 18:38 schreef Paul R. Tagliamonte:
>
>> Unless it allows modification and redistribution of this (and we do so),
>
> What when the DD who packages it, would package it with the 5 user
> limitation?

If the 5 user limitation is a requirement, then the license is
definitely not DFSG-free (and, also, they would have to figure out how
to manage the contradiction between this limitation and the AGPL).
Depending on the license, it might go to non-free, though.

If it is not a requirement, but a suggestion, like "please, be nice,
our business odel depends on the fact that the software is published
with this limitation", then I think they should probably rethink their
business model, because it is quite likely not going to work.

And, even if some developer would upload it with that limitation,
someone will likely file a bug request to remove it, and they will
have to eventually remove it anyway. Keep in mind, from the Social
Contract, that "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software".

Greetings,
Miry