Re: Standardization documents in xsd and wsdl format

On 11 July 2014 16:20:45 CEST, Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert@fysast.uu.se> wrote:
>Standardization bodies tend to want to not have random
>people making random changes to their standardization documents that
>would create incompatible versions of the standards. The documentation
>licenses used by these organization therefore usually do not allow
>modification.

The other answers seem correct to me. I just wish to note that standards organisations would be far better off providing public key signatures of the official standards documents to protactively demonstrate approval, instead of trying to use restrictive copyright licensing to reactively prosecute innovators who confuse, often in error.

After all, the copyright licence doesn't prevent unauthorised modification or alert people to it. It just gives the licensor and others ways to punish people.