Re: libbitcoin license - AGPL with clauses added by SFLC and FSF

Quoting Paul Tagliamonte (2014-05-21 18:12:11)
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 06:06:38PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>> I can't figure out exactly what your previous concerns were but it's
>>> good to hear that they're resolved.
>>
>> For the record, my concern was not the AGPL (I am a fan of that too,
>> and will most likely use it for my packaging work when Debian ships
>> it in common-licenses).  Rather, the licensing text itself forbids
>> editing, and previous revisions had the exceptions placed within the
>> common AGPL license - now it is properly placed before the common
>> license.
>
> It's not a change to the AGPL text, it's an Additional permission, as
> defined by the (A)GPL. I see no issues, myself. In fact, it looks to
> clarify an issue (by rounding down, not adding further restrictions)
> that some consider to be problematic.
>
> Also, for clarity's sake, the AGPL text wasn't changed, the LICENSE
> file contains more than just the license. At least, that's what I
> guess by glancing at this file for a few seconds. I could be wrong.

Did those few seconds involve looking at the URL I rerferenced -
specifically the location of the no-communication exception _before_
that commit (i.e. around lines 408-413)?

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin/commit/a57bf36

I agree that _after_ that commit there is no problem - which is my
reason to write as I did initially in this thread.

Regards,

 - Jonas