AfferoGPL for Debian packaging work? [was: Re: libbitcoin license - AGPL with clauses added by SFLC and FSF]

On Wed, 21 May 2014 18:06:38 +0200 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

[...]
> For the record, my concern was not the AGPL (I am a fan of that too, and
> will most likely use it for my packaging work when Debian ships it in
> common-licenses).
[...]

Jonas, I hope you are not going to use the GNU AfferoGPL v3 for your
packaging work, when the license of the packaged work is more
permissive. I think that adding restrictions to a Debian package by
licensing the debian/ directory content in a restrictive manner is not
nice.

You probably already know my own personal opinion about the GNU
AfferoGPL v3, so I won't repeat it here.
But, whatever one may think about that license, I hope Debian packagers
won't arbitrarily introduce it into packages that would otherwise be
unaffected by its unclear definitions and interpretation
uncertainties...

Bye!

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!