Re: libbitcoin license - AGPL with clauses added by SFLC and FSF

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 06:06:38PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > I can't figure out exactly what your previous concerns were but it's
> > good to hear that they're resolved.
>
> For the record, my concern was not the AGPL (I am a fan of that too, and
> will most likely use it for my packaging work when Debian ships it in
> common-licenses).  Rather, the licensing text itself forbids editing,
> and previous revisions had the exceptions placed within the common AGPL
> license - now it is properly placed before the common license.

It's not a change to the AGPL text, it's an Additional permission, as
defined by the (A)GPL. I see no issues, myself. In fact, it looks to
clarify an issue (by rounding down, not adding further restrictions)
that some consider to be problematic.

Also, for clarity's sake, the AGPL text wasn't changed, the LICENSE file
contains more than just the license. At least, that's what I guess by
glancing at this file for a few seconds. I could be wrong.

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87