Re: Java3D license incompatible with DFSG?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 01:52:54AM -0600, Eric Smith wrote:
> In the course of trying to package Java3D for Fedora, Tom Calloway
> brought to my attention that the Java3D license includes the
> following statement:

> * You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or
> * intended for use in the design, construction, operation or
> * maintenance of any nuclear facility.

This is a standard "No warranty" clause wrt nuclear facilities in the US.
It is not a restriction placed on the use of the software in nuclear
facilities by the copyright holder, it is a CYA statement that the software
has not been approved *by the government regulatory agencies* for use in
nuclear facilities in the US.

Warranty disclaimers are fine under the DFSG.