Re: Attribution with CC-BY-SA 3.0

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Zoot Zoot wrote:

> I'm unsure how you came to the conclusion that we want to discriminate
> against ebay.co.uk? As stated repeatedly, we are more than happy for
> redistributors to charge a fee, including via eBay.

I can't see much difference between what Debian, Debian CD sellers and
these eBay sellers are doing.

Neither states that is an in-development version. Neither mention that
it is full of bugs. The eBay folks are mentioning (unimplemented)
features but Debian do not mention the feature list at all. The eBay
features list seems like it is copied from the 0AD site (maybe you
need to fix your site and then eBay sellers would copy your
now-correct description instead). The people selling Debian CDs that I
sampled aren't telling folks that they can get Debian or 0AD online
for free.

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/0ad
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-A-D-Historical-RTS-Real-Time-Strategy-Role-Playing-Strategy-War-Game-/170835202067?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27c6925013
http://www.wildfiregames.com/0ad/