Re: License check for a new(ly modified) license..

Felyza Wishbringer <felyza@gmail.com> writes:

> My reading and understanding is that they are basically the same.

The significant difference is that the GPL does not place liability
anywhere; it only disclaims liability for the licensor. The same goes
for all other widely-used free software licenses.

The WTFPL goes beyond disclaimer to place liability on the licensee.
That's an unusual step, and I'm not convinced that it preserves the
recipient's freedom.

--
 \       “From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I |
  `\        was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.” |