Re: Question about GPL and DFSG Compatibility of a Proposed Amendment to the W3C Document Licence

Francesco Poli <invernomuto@paranoici.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 07:27:28 -0700 (PDT) Walter Landry wrote:
>> > Option 2
>> > --------
> [...]
>> I would say that this option fails the DFSG because it only allows
>> copying and modification of "reasonable" amounts.
> Agreed, again.
>> It would also be incompatible with the GPL,
> I think it is indeed GPL-incompatible, as you say, but...
>> so I do not understand why Eben Moglen
>> would say that it is compatible.
> ...as far as I understand, Eben Moglen believes Option *3* to be
> GPL-compatible (see the message that started this thread).
> Now we are talking about Option 2.

Actually, in the referenced web page

there is the claim

  Views within the PSIG differ on how each license satisfies each use
  cases. The primary sources of disagreement relate to one's view of
  the following:

    * the GPL-compatibility of a license. Note: Eben Moglen has stated
      that he considers Options 2 and 3 to be GPL-compatible.

Walter Landry