Re: CodeIgniter license

Bojan Sudarevi wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> wrote:
>
>> I think the already cited previous thread [1] explains the issues of
>> the license in detail.
>>
>> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2008/10/msg00048.html
>>
>> Moreover, I don't think that "no final conclusion has been reached" in
>> that thread, as Bojan instead claims.
>> After re-reading the thread, it seems to me that the majority of the
>> people who participated to that discussion agreed that there were some
>> issues that made the license unacceptable for main.
>>

>My apologies. I had no intention to waste your time. I am probably in
>a state of denial because of time and efforts I had already put in my
>project, so I didn't *want* that previous thread to mean "no,
>CodeIgniter license is not DFSG-free".
>
>Also, thank you for your definitive answer to my question.

There is no definitive answer here. Statements from a couple of people
on the debian-legal list that they don't like certain parts of the
license is not a clear decision that it is not free. The real decision
comes from the FTP team.

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"