Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

2008/9/3 Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org>:

>>> I'm not sure it does either, although I note that both Savannah and
>>> Sourceforge (for example) have terms that require one's real name.
>>> Which services allow anonymous hosting?
>>
>> I just found a few. Sharesource.org and Intuxication.org only require
>> an email address (Sharesource.org has a field for name, but you can
>> leave it blank), and intuxication.org doesn't even require the email
>> address to be valid (I just registered right now with a@a.com). The
>> service freehg.org doesn't require any of these. Alternatively, you
>> can always put a pseudonym in the name fields.
>
> Would you consider that anonymous enough to pass the dissident test?

In this case, yes. If you provide a network interface that the
dissident's government can see, then you've already revealed
possession of the program itself. You can exclude access to certain
undesirables by hiding the network interface behind a password
authentication system. This is no different than having to distribute
source to fellow dissenters if you give them a modified binary on a
CD.

- Jordi G. H.