Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

To be honest, I just don't want our project to be in the middle of this given the situation;
I've been told that other AGPLv3 licensed projects in a greater state of stability are in the pipeline toward ftpmasters, which will set precidence.  If they approve them, we'll get back in that pipeline ourselves.

I believe we'll be able to offer Debian packages via our Launchpad PPA (where the Ubuntu packages will be distributed from at least until intrepid+1), so it's not like Debian users are going to be excluded.  Most Debian users I've known have non-free disabled by default in any case, and maintaining our packages via PPA is less work not to mention sans being put in the proprietary software repository.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
Miriam Ruiz writes ("Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?"):
> 2008/8/25 Arc Riley <arcriley@gmail.com>:
> > I respectfully request that PySoy not be packaged in Debian if the AGPLv3 is
> > confirmed as non-free in the eyes of your project, as this would be
> > considered by our project as false advertising in grouping us along side
> > blatently proprietary apps.
>
> I closed my ITP (  http://bugs.debian.org/495172 ). That doesn't mean
> that someone else might in the future not want to maintain a package
> for it in Debian anyway.

I think this is a shame.