Re: Redistribution of graphics that includes Gentoo logo

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007, Krzysztof Burghardt wrote:
> I'd like to ask if Debian packages can include graphic that includes
> Gentoo logo. And if so which conditions those packages need to meet.
> Gentoo logo artwork license is available at
> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/name-logo.xml
>
> I'm asking about this because Gentoo logo have two different license
> for commercial and not commercial use. And I decided to remove GRUB
> splash screen that shows Gentoo logo form grub-splashsimages
> package, as it was requested in bug #266480.

This is the correct option; the logo either should be removed,
replaced with the open use debian logo, replaced with a freely
licensed image of your choice, or replaced with an empty image. [The
main problem with the Gentoo logo is that it doesn't have a licence
statement which allows users to modify the logo.]

The decision as to which solution to use is of course the
maintainer's.

Don Armstrong

--
PowerPoint is symptomatic of a certain type of bureaucratic
environment: one typified by interminable presentations with lots of