Jagged Alliance 2 Source Code

Hello!

This is not Debian related, but I think you are the ones who know best about
licensing issues.

In 2004 the sourcecode to Jagged Alliance 2 was released:
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/16/0343250

It comes with a license which I have a hard time to fully understand:
http://games.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=100591&cid=8577084

My specific questions follow, but if someone would explain the license in more
detail I would be happy, too.

- Is it GPL or LGPL compatible? Or compatible to any other common FOSS
license?

- §1 is what the GPL requires, too, correct?

- §2: Binary format means anything that is not text? Incl. images, soundfiles
and the like? Does "reverse engineer" include reproduction? (As would
be "rewriting" to sourcecode.)

- Do §3+5 mean that I can distribute the code incl. my modifications under a
FOSS license (GPL eg.)? (I don't know it, but it feels that the GPL is more
restrictive (§3) and still grants them the rights they want (§5).)
Would it be ok to add an exception for Strategy First, to match the "without
any limitations" part?

- Does §4 mean that I have to ship a detailed and full changelog with the
application? Or with the sourcecode? Or does every single file need a
changelog? What happens if I create new files? Or copy contents of existing
files into new ones?

- §8+9 are standard clauses also present in the GPL, right?

- Is §10 similar to the patent restrictions in the GPLv3?

- Does §11 mean that any rights given to me by this license may not apply to
derivate works???

- Which rights I might assume I have are reserved by §14?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis