Re: inappropriate use of Debian Official Use Logo (Re: Hinner EDV: Correct Logo Usage?)

Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> wrote:
> > > * Steve Langasek:
[...]
> I agree with Steve that the "Debian Official Use Logo" is used in a way
> that is not allowed by the license published at
> http://www.debian.org/logos/ .

Please can someone explain to me how this use of the official logo
doesn't satisfy the licence?  It seems to be used to promote sales
of official CDs which are clearly labelled which parts are official.
Is the complaint that the logo is positioned in a confusing way (by
the menu rather than right next to the relevant product descriptions),
or that the CDs aren't really official CDs, or something else?

[Cc dropped.  Returning to this thread after it hit spi-trademark, where I
asked a similar question of the reporter.]

Puzzled,
--
MJR/slef