Re: Hinner EDV: Correct Logo Usage?

Hi,

On Sat, 07.04.2007 at 01:40:02 -0700, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> What rock have you been hiding under for the past two years while there has
> been an ongoing, project-wide discussion about how to handle our logos in a
> manner that allows us to protect trademarks while respecting the DFSG?

it looks like *I* have been hiding under some rock (TBD) because I
cannot remember this discussion. Pointers would be welcome.

That notwithstanding, as far as my understanding of trademark law goes,
there's no way that you can allow unrestricted logo use while retaining
a trademark. If there was a discussion in Debian that ran in the
opposite direction, I think at least a GR would be required to waive
the trademark.

Best,
--Toni++