elilo-installer copyright status

Hello,

I'm requesting help to verify whether or not the package
"elilo-installer" qualifies as free software. My understanding is that
it contains no installable software but exists as set of scripts that
may or may not run depending upon the system architecture. In the
package is a readme saying -

"This is an empty package, whose postinst autodetects drives and
installs elilo, which is the ia64 equivalent of LILO."

In the package (elilo-installer_1.5ubuntu3) I'm not seeing any file
with a copyright declaration. Is there a reason for this or has
someone overlooked something? Can someone please help me to confirm
what the copyright is on this package?

Cheers,

Peter.