Re: Anti-TPM clauses

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:51:31 +0200 Olive wrote:

[...]
> What make sense is what Debian considers free and as long as
> the  decision is taken according to rules we can say that Debian
> considers it  free.

*As long as the decision is taken according to rules*...
What do you mean?
As long as the decision is taken by people entitled to take that
decision?
If you mean this, well, I have to say, again, that this is like claiming
that the Debian Project always automatically abides by its SC, whatever
it does.

> We can disagree in the sense that we would like
> Debian have made  another decision.

And we can also disagree in the sense that we think a decision is
breaking the SC.

[...]
> Now to understand the motivations for CC-v3.0 accepted as free is not
> really difficult as these motivations have also be posted to this
> list;  briefly that it is in spirit the same as GPL. My guess is that
> the ftp  masters have the same opinion. But stop do not tell me that
> you do not  agree; I know it. But I think it should be possible to
> understand a  motivation even if we do not share it.

Well, I made a detailed analysis of the issues I see in CC-by(-sa)-v3.0
licenses.
Just saying that they are "in spirit the same as GPL" is *not* a
convincing rebuttal of my arguments, sorry.
Other replies seen on this list are not convincing rebuttals either.

Explicit disclaimers: IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.

--
 http://frx.netsons.org/doc/nanodocs/testing_workstation_install.html
 Need to read a Debian testing installation walk-through?