Re: Anti-TPM clauses

Olive <olive001@tele2allin.be> writes:

> There are known example of things that are indeed DFSG-free

By what criterion do you decide that something is "indeed DFSG-free"?
If such a criterion existed, I'm sure we'd love to know about it. It
would make our lives on this list much simpler.

> but were declared non-free by "consensus" on debian legal (the GFDL
> without non modifiable section is an example).

Again, note that a GR vote only decides *what the Debian project will
or will not do*. Such a vote cannot declare a work DFSG-free; that is
a property of the work and its license terms, unaffected by the result
of a vote.

--
 \         "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly and I did. I |
  `\    said I didn't know."  -- Mark Twain, _Life on the Mississippi_ |