Re: Bacula and OpenSSL

Kern Sibbald <kern@sibbald.com> writes:

>> GPL + OpenSSL exception would be enough to be sure. You may have more
>> luck convincing copyright owners to grant an OpenSSL exception than to
>> accept an entirely new license.
>
> I am told that FSF never grants exceptions so this is a hopeless path that I
> have already explored.

That is incorrect.  The FSF has granted OpenSSL license exceptions to
some software that links to OpenSSL.  For example, GNU wget.

Exactly what FSF code are you using?  It couldn't hurt to ask them.  If
it is general purpose code, I suspect they won't give it, but if it is
network or even TLS related, there could be a chance.

/Simon