Re: Final text of GPL v3

In message <[🔎] 20070701183349.GB5508@kukkaseppele.kaijanaho.fi>, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <antti-juhani@kaijanaho.fi> writes
I am not aware of any law in Finland regulating giving legal advice.  There is,
however, a (very recently instated) legal requirement for anybody representing
someone else at trial to be legally trained.  The title "asianajaja" (one of
the Finnish terms referring to a lawyer) is also legally restricted to only
members of the bar association.

IANAL - so I can't be certain - but it would not surprise me in the slightest if the majority of British lawyers were NOT members of the relevant bar association.

I think bar association members are called barristers - and most lawyers are not barristers but solicitors.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk