Re: Final text of GPL v3

In message <[🔎] 20070701163342.GA1055@dario.dodds.net>, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes
Are you familiar enough with the laws of Italy (where Francesco appears
to reside) to state that there are such laws which apply to him?

Francesco isn't giving advice to people in Italy, he's giving advice to
people on debian-legal as a whole.  Given that unlicensed legal advice is a
criminal matter as Sean mentions, there is more to be concerned about than
his local laws.

Are you saying that somebody has decided to give the US government the right to rule the world?

I don't give a monkeys about American criminal law, because I don't live there. And I have no desire to visit there.

And what would you do about the Sklyarov affair? What he did was criminal under US law, I agree. But under Russian law (the law of his local jurisdiction) it was MANDATORY!

You're basically claiming that if American law flatly contradicts the law of some other country, then people living in that country have to ignore their own law and abide by American law instead !!!

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk