Re: Final text of GPL v3

On Sunday 01 July 2007 00:24, Sean Kellogg wrote:
> Francesco...  as I've said on this list before, "IANAL" is not a sufficient
> disclaimer.  Nor is saying "this is not legal advice."  There are laws,
> criminal laws, against the providing of legal advice by those who not
> certified by the Bar Association within the jurisdiction the advice is
> given in.  There is no exception provided by adding disclaimers, there is
> only the question of whether or not legal advice was given.

You are amazing Sean.  You do not state "IANAL" and therefore we conclude
that you are "certified" to practice law in every jurisdiction in which
debian-legal is read ... or did you think Italian law permits a foreign
attorney to provide legal advice by email concerning Italian law to an
Italian citizen in Italy?  Guess you're going to have to plan vacations
kind of carefully to avoid all those countries where you're now a felon.
As an officer of the court, you will be promptly confessing your crimes
to your state bar association, right?

Personally, IANAL.  I don't give legal advice.  I argue law all I want.

--Mike Bird