Re: help with crafting proper license header for a dual-licensing project

In message <46494388.1060602@gmail.com>, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@gmail.com> writes
As many people have pointed out, I realize I should be saying "proprietary" when I used the word "commercial". I also realize that the GPL does not preclude "commercial" == "for profit" usage. I was merely echoing the terminology used by Trolltech. I do not condone it however.

If you use the word "proprietary", you are merely echoing the terminology used/popularised by Microsoft - do you remember their marketing slogan "Unix is proprietary, Windows is open"?

If you use the word "proprietary" correctly, then linux is proprietary. "proprietary" means "has an owner" (which ALL copyrighted works do). The opposite of "proprietary" is "Public Domain".

Thanks as always for all your feedback.

You're welcome :-)

Shriramana Sharma.

Cheers,