Changing the mental landscape for software sharing (was: Debian License agreement)

> Copyrighted works redistributable under permissive licenses are a
> tough problem for law enforcement world-wide, not just Russian
> authorities. 8-(
>
> <http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article733264.ece>
>
> Redistributable software also used to be a significant problem for
> the anti-piracy industry, and probably still is.

Good. The "anti-piracy industry" is responsible for a great deal of
the resistance met by free software advocates, because the
message they want to spread is that "sharing is wrong".

Anything that turns that message around and reintroduces people to the
age-old message that sharing is *good* is a change that I welcome. I'm
glad that free software is beginning to cause this change.

--
 \        "I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because |
  `\         that means it's gonna be up all night."  -- Steven Wright |