Re: Debian License agreement

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Vsevolod Krishchenko wrote:
>  I fear that it is sound stupid but I wonder does such thing like Debian
>  EULA exit? FC, for example, has EULA
>  (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/EULA)
>
> The reason I asked this question is authorities here in Russia may
> require license agreement to entire system used on computer. Today
> I read Debian license policy and found nothing that could satisfy
> generic cop.

Surely this only applies to people who are selling stuff rather than
giving it away?

> I believe that some reasons prevent publishing licence agreement for entire
> Debian system still FC has one that describe some basic rights. I really
> need some LA with minimal rights such as "all software included in Debain
> could be used by Users on any number of computers" and  "other rights are
> described in license for each component of Debian" and of course "No
> warranty".

Every work in Debian has its own license with its own permissions,
lack of warranty, which can be found in
/usr/share/doc/<foopkg>/copyright or via packages.debian.org

As far as an overall license, there isn't one, but we try to make sure
that works in Debian (IE, works in main) comply with the DFSG (but we
can't possibly guarantee that they do.)

Don Armstrong

--
Miracles had become relative common-places since the advent of
entheogens; it now took very unusual circumstances to attract public